The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is like a magic box that brings amazing games to life. But just like any cool gadget, it needs some cleaning love to stay awesome. Cleaning your PS5 isn’t just about making it look nice – it’s about keeping it working well for a long time. This article will show you how to clean PS5 so you can keep playing without any worries.
How to Clean PS5: Steps You Need to Take
Cleaning your PS5 isn’t hard, especially when you have the right stuff. Get a soft cloth, some special air in a can, cotton swabs, a little bit of rubbing alcohol, and a gentle brush. The soft cloth is for wiping off dust and fingerprints without scratching the PS5.
The special air can help blow away dust from hidden places. Cotton swabs with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol are great for cleaning the controller, and the gentle brush can remove dust from the PS5’s outside. With these tools, you’re ready to take the first step:
- Unplug your PS5 from the power source. Make sure your PlayStation 5 is not connected in before you begin cleaning it to avoid an electrical shock.
- This is much easier if a vertical console is rotated to lay horizontally.
- Remove the case covers. Gently pull on the PS logo edge and slide the rest of the cover downwards. Rep these procedures to remove the second cover.
- The ports and vents of your PS5 are crucial for proper airflow, so it’s essential to keep them clean. Start by using the can of compressed air to blow away any dust or debris from the ports and vents. Hold the can upright and use short bursts of air to prevent moisture from being released. Be sure to pay attention to the USB ports, HDMI port, and the back of the console, as these areas tend to accumulate dust.
- If you’re done, put the covers back on. If that’s all you’re going to do to clean the PS5, put the covers back on so you can use it again.
Cleaning the Exterior of the PS5 console
Let it chill for a bit, then take the soft cloth and gently wipe the outside. Take the intake fins off and follow these steps:
- This is the curved part of the intake vent that you cleaned before. Just pull it up, and it will come off, letting you get to the fan box. You don’t have to do this step if you don’t feel safe taking apart your PS5. Instead, you can just use a small-nozzled cleaner to pull the dust out of the holes next to the fans.
- Remove the four screws that surround the fan plate. Remove the screws that hold the plate to the fan with a T8 or T9 screwdriver.
- Take away the black sticky piece. The fan connection is located in the huge black plastic lightweight section next to the fan.
- Turn off the fan. Pry out the white piece (not the yellowish piece that attaches to the motherboard) with pliers. Remove the fan. You may just pull the fan out of your console now that it is disconnected.
- Clear out the fan. Scrub away the visible dust with your soft-bristled brush. Before putting the fan together, inspect the fan plate to determine if any dust has to be removed with your brush.
- Heat sinks should be cleaned. Standing your console up while the fan is out shows the brassy heat sinks around it. Clean the heat sinks with a soft-bristled brush, then vacuum the console to remove any remaining dust.
- Wear an anti-shock wristband or grounding gadget to avoid startling and harming your console.
- Dust and debris in the heat sinks may indicate a bad PS5 placement. Your console may slow down or become unresponsive if dust and particles accumulate.
- Reassemble PS5. Put the fan back in the fan hole, reconnect it, reinstall the black adhesive pad, screw the fan plate on, replace the intake vent piece, and replace the case covers.
How to Clean PS5 Controller?
The DualSense controller is an integral part of the PS5 gaming experience, so keeping it clean is essential. Start by turning off the controller and removing it from the console. Take a cotton swab and dip it in rubbing alcohol, ensuring it’s not overly saturated. Gently clean the buttons, thumbsticks, and touchpad, using a circular motion to remove any dirt or grime.
Pay extra attention to the gaps between the buttons, as they can accumulate dust over time. Once you’ve cleaned the controller, use a dry cotton swab to remove any excess moisture. Allow the controller to air dry completely before reattaching it to the console.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Cleaning Your PS5
There are lots of common mistakes in the process of how to clean PS5, but watch out for these mistakes:
- Don’t use rough stuff like paper towels – they can scratch.
- Don’t make things too wet – too much liquid is bad.
- Never spray liquids on the PS5 or controller.
- Don’t use random vacuums or air – they can mess up the PS5.
Cleaning your PS5 is critical to preserving its functionality and longevity. You can keep your PS5 in top shape for years to come by following the best practices outlined in this article. Remember to obtain the essential cleaning tools, understand the PS5’s many components, and use the proper cleaning techniques for the console, controller, ports, and vents.
You can keep your PS5 looking good and operating well by avoiding common cleaning blunders. So, take the time to clean your PS5 on a regular basis if you want to enjoy continuous gaming sessions full of thrill and adventure.