As Minecraft is getting more exciting for the player, they intend to have more details of their environment and get golden chances in the game. In order to reach this goal, they need to zoom in and out.
In this guide, we will see how to zoom in on Minecraft and what are the methods for each device you are using to play.
Also, read about Tokyo revengers characters.
How to zoom in on Minecraft
There are many methods to see how we can zoom in on Minecraft, especially when we are talking about different devices (desktop, PlayStation, and Xbox).
Let’s see how to zoom in on Minecraft in different systems;
When you are using a PC or laptop
If you are a fan of playing Minecraft on a desktop version, there are three methods to zoom in in the game;
Changing FOV in Options
If you don’t want to download the mod on your PC, the only available option for you is to adjust your FOV (or field of vision). To access FOV on Minecraft, follow these steps;
- First, click on the “ESC” key to access the Pause menu in-game.
- After that, go to “Options.”
- As you can see, the first sets of bars are your FOV settings, and it is set to 70 by default. If you like to zoom in on Minecraft, go to the first FOV box and move the slider to the left side in order to decrease the number. You can lower the number as low as 30 for a narrow vision in the game.
- Click on the “Done” button at the bottom of the screen to confirm the changes.
- Finally, go back to the game to check your FOV on Minecraft.
How to zoom in on Minecraft in Java edition? If you are already using the Java edition of Minecraft, you can download a mod with more zooming options. Follow these steps to enable the option on your game.
- First, visit optifine.net to download the latest version of the mod from the Downloads tab. Note that the version of the mod should match the Minecraft version you are playing with.
If you have an older version of Minecraft, select the “Show all versions” option to choose one that corresponds to your settings.
- In some cases, the mod may ask you to install the latest Java SE if you don’t have it on your system already.
- After installing Java, open the “OptiFine” file and follow the installer prompts to complete the installation process.
- Now launch Minecraft
- Click on the “Latest release” box next to the green Play button to confirm that OptiFine will appear in the game.
- Now, choose “OptiFine: and make sure a little checkmark appears to the right of the entry.
- Click on the “Play” button to enter the game. Finally, you can zoom in and out by pressing and holding the “C” key.
Using a Spyglass
This option is only available in Minecraft version 1.17, and it is a craftable item that sets a player’s FOV without constantly changing it in the options menu. A Minecraft player can craft a spyglass with one amethyst shard and two copper ingots.
When you are using Xbox
If you have Xbox one console for playing, consider that users can use a feature already installed on their platform called Magnifier, and they can use it for any game. To use how to zoom in Minecraft, just follow these steps;
- Note that while you are playing Minecraft, press the “Xbox” logo button and hold it until the controller vibrates.
- Next, there are some options on the screen to turn off the console and controller, but in the lower right corner, there is an option called “Magnifier.” Here, press the overlapping squares button or “View” button in the controller’s center.
- After that, choose the “Yes” option to confirm turning on Magnifier.
- Now, you can use the left trigger to zoom in and the right trigger to zoom out in the game. You are also able to pan the whole screen area with the right analog stick.
When you are using PlayStation
How to zoom in on Minecraft when you are playing with PlayStation? To see how to zoom in on Minecraft, just follow these steps;
- First, press the PlayStation button in the middle of the controller.
- Next, go to “Settings” and then click on the “Accessibility” option.
- Now, select the “Zoom” option. Click on the box to Enable the Zoom feature.
- Exit out of the menu and start your game.
- Here, use the combination of the “PlayStation button + Square button” to zoom and also the Circle button to cancel the zoom feature.
Note that you can also use the directional pad to pan around the screen on the device.
When you are playing Minecraft with Nintendo Switch
If you are a Nintendo Switch player, to start Minecraft with the zoom feature, follow these steps to give a nice answer to the question “How to zoom in in Minecraft?”:
- Before anything, launch the System Settings on the Home screen in the console.
- Next, select the “System” option from the left panel and then scroll down to “Zoom” on the main screen.
- Here, you can click on the “Zoom” button to turn the feature on.
- After turning zoom on, click on the “back” button to go to the Home screen and launch Minecraft.
- If you want to use the zoom feature while playing Minecraft, press the “Home” button or button with the bit of the house twice. Center the area you would like to zoom into with either analog stick.
- You can use the “X” button to zoom in and the “Y” to zoom out of the game. Note that there is a bit of green gauge in the right corner of the screen that shows your zoom level.
- Finally, press the “Home” button twice to exit zoom mode.
How to zoom in on a Minecraft map?
Maps on Minecraft are used for getting more information about the environment, but if you want to see the elements a little bit larger, you will need your cartography table. If you don’t already have a cartography table for yourself, you can produce one at the crafting table by using two pieces of paper and four planks of wood. After preparing, to see how to zoom in on Minecraft, follow these steps;
- First, place the map in the top crafting square on the cartography table.
- Now, put a piece of paper in the square underneath the map.
- Finally, remove the new map from the result box and put it in your inventory.
You can repeat the process four times to get a bigger, magnified map in the game.
Thank you for your attention. How to zoom in on Minecraft? You can use three methods on PC, including a Spyglass, downloading the mod, or just using the FOV bar slider. For each additional device (Xbox, PlayStation, etc.), we have a particular zoom method.
You can’t usually zoom in on treasure maps on Minecraft, but you can enlarge them with a cartography table. Just add the treasure map to the upper slot in the cartography table, next place a paper piece in the slot directly below the treasure map, and finally, move the processed map to your inventory.