Whether we want it or not, sharing Instagram stories is a popular common among Instagrammers to not only share an enjoyable time with the audience but also draw people’s eyes in getting a noticeable Instagram engagement. Here, the only thing which highlights an issue would be the errors or bugs in turn of this action, which is “Can’t share a post on Instagram story.”
I am going to give you some common reasons that lead to such kind of problem to keep calm in that case and do not take it as a major issue. It’s not like you missed a deadline for your dissertation or term paper. It’s not an F for an essay on your major subject because you didn’t pay for an essay timely. And it’s definitely not some serious situation. Still, you’d like it to be fixed, wouldn’t you?
Can’t share post to story Instagram
The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. However, if you are unable to share your own posts, or a public post you find the reasons for the solution as follows. First of all, consider this prominent tip that Instagram app sometimes goes wrong with some specific reasons and try to face this type of bug. Well, it is a tedious problem found with shared posts to the stories.
The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story. Indeed, it is one of the most crucial reasons why you can’t share the post with your own stories. A few possible reasons for the problem with sharing posts to the story are:
- The Instagram account owner has not allowed their followers to share the story
This is the MOST COMMON reason why you cannot share a post to your story. The Instagram owner should change the setting from profile> Settings > Privacy & Security > Story Controls > Shared Content. The user should change the setting from this way to make available the possibility of sharing the posts to other users Instagram stories
- This is a bug for iPhone users
This bug exists for Apple or iPhone users. If you attempt to log in to your Instagram account with an android device, you will be able to left it behind. There is an Instagram issue, and you will have to share it from an Android device for now.
- You have multiple Instagram accounts
For this matter try to check for sharing the posts on the story on the browser of mobile and laptop because somehow this happens for multiple Instagram accounts on behalf of Instagram
- You have not updated to the last version of Instagram
For this reason, If there is no latest version in the market, update it from the Google Play Store for Android, the App Store for iPhone, and iPad to put this step behind.
But do not be worry If you really like to share the post, and the person has not activated the feature of sharing content, you could just screenshot a story and crop it, and tag the original account in your Instagram story. Still, you might have to ask for permission to do so.
How to fix if you can’t share post to Instagram story
- Go to the Instagram post you like to share and tap the paper plane icon.
- A menu will come up, which you should tap on “Add post to your story.”
- Add text, customized background for the story is going to be shared with followers(optional)
- Tap send to, a list will appear on the top with two choices your story and close friend
- Select each of them you want, and finally tap on the share
Generally, one thing I want to clarify what you should do while facing Instagram issues is listed below
- Restart your device is one of the common ways you can get help to pass some conventional issues, hold the power button of your device to turn it off. Wait for at least 20 seconds before turning your phone back on.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app from your device is the second way you can take advantage of that. But keep in mind that you need to have your password because you’ll need to sign in again. Your profile and posts are going to be safe on Instagram.
- Check your internet connection switch from WIFI to cellular or Vice versa. You can also turn on your airplane mode and then switch back on to reset the issue with your connection. You may want to try this one before uninstalling the app
Last but not least, it is not that difficult to have these points in your mind, whereas coming across such limitations, I hope I could help you in resolving the needs with the problem of sharing a post on Instagram story.