If you have a kind of green finger in computer programming but still can’t find an appropriate job career, maybe it is time to review the taken journey by far once more. Due to its vast operating area and engaged population, any newbie can lose their main direction and wonder if there is no place to breathe.
is computer software prepackaged software a good career path? Why should we approach it? This post is going to answer these questions;
- Is computer software prepackaged software a good career path?
- How many jobs are available in computer software prepackaged software?
- The best paying jobs in computer software prepackaged software
Is computer software prepackaged software a good career path?
The jobs included in computer software prepacked software are really lucrative. Nowadays, any service we humans need for our daily records is done by one or more computers, and no computer can be managed without the help of software such as operating systems and inbound applications, in this case, prepacked software.
Why should we take our hat off to this category and consider computer software prepacked software a good career path? Because;
- Since prepackaged software is widely used in social activities, it is easy to take a job opportunity in this field all over the world.
- Making custom software specified for an organization is cheaper than utilizing conventional platforms, so companies are more eager to have an expert in the niche of software prepacked software.
- Despite its straightforward process, the salaries are extremely high.
- The main title will be divided into several subtitles so that people with a broad spectrum of favorites and preferences can get into the job.
About Computer software and Prepackaged Software
It looks like we need to have a cup of coffee and rest on our fluffy sofa, but even before asking the question, “is computer software prepackaged software a good career path,” we need to mention what is computer software and prepacked software by the way.
While packaged software is an application designed for and sold to the public, prepackaged software is ready for further modifications and could be customized for a specific company with particular goals and requirements.
How many jobs are available in computer software prepackaged software?
As I am talking to you now, there are more than 300,000 job positions under the title of computer software and prepacked software engineering in the United States and Canada, with almost the same amount in the European countries. To get more familiar with what exactly we are discussing, we can categorize the total items into seven classes;
- Programmer analysts, with more than 27,000 jobs
- Database administrators, with more than 34,000 jobs
- Software engineers, with more than 29,000 jobs
- Web developers, with more than 32,000 jobs
- Hardware engineers, with more than 26,000 jobs
- Infrastructure architects, with more than 28,000 jobs
- Third-party apps programmers, with more than 46,000 jobs
All you need to do is to listen to your heart, review all techniques and skills you have gotten, and wear your shoes for a new job interview!!!
Best paying jobs in computer software prepackaged software?
Let’s rearrange our words for a new question in this article; is computer software prepackaged software a good career path in terms of money?
To wait no more than this, and list the best paying jobs in computer software prepacked software (all salary levels are based on the US-residential companies);
- Software interface architect
Despite the fundamental codes underlying any platform, the interface of the final product should be attractive and field-specific. In this case, software interface architects are required to design all graphics and animated codes for more beautiful pages.
- Average salary: up to $109,600 per year
- Enterprise architect
While designing new software or application, an enterprise architect has to ensure the mentioned platform can meet the demands of the operating company and the customers simultaneously.
- Average salary: up to $138,600 per year
- Mobile programmer
Nowadays, everybody is walking on the streets with a compact computing service called mobile phones. To not neglect these types of computers, mobile programmers are here to design and create almost any compatible software on Android, iOS, or Windows phone.
- Average salary: up to $124,600 per year
- Full-stack developer
- Average salary: up to $113,100 per year
- Technical program manager
In an organization’s IT department, a technical program manager is needed to cooperate with the rest developers due to supportive assignment and further monitoring.
- Average salary: up to $118,600 per year
- Site reliability engineer
Websites not only need someone to create them but also a group has to be hired for maintenance. As a result, site reliability engineers are tasked to coordinate their efforts to resolve any conflicts or possible website problems that may impair the service.
- Average salary: up to $132,800 per year
- Data warehouse architect
As a complementary skill to data scientists, data warehouse architects have to design and execute a centralized data repository for further data studying and analysis.
- Average salary: up to $127,100 per year
- Cyber-security specialist
The world of binary codes is full of insane predators, so a cyber-security specialist is tasked to defeat all possible internal and external threats to the whole system’s function and the global database.
- Average salary: up to $117,400 per year
- Development operations engineer
The world of computer coding is paved with hundreds of libraries and code packages, so a development operations engineer has to compile all used libraries for each new system.
- Average salary: up to $119,300 per year
- Web developer
All organizations need a website to present their services, so a set of web developers need to be hired to create a user-friendly, flexible website environment.
- Average salary: up to $84,700 per year
- System engineer
You, as a system engineer, are going to collaborate with other software developers and manage the general software setup and configuration. You also must constantly maintain the technical relationship of the customers and executive officials.
- Average salary: up to $122,300 per year
- Cloud manager
The world of tomorrow is knotted with cloud computing, so having experience in this field can put you in a better position among your opponents. In fact, almost all successful companies need to create cloud-based architectures and then roll them out to users.
- Average salary: up to $126,200 per year
- Chief technology officer (CTO)
Your task as a CTO is to manage and direct an organization’s technological infrastructure, as well as its technical strategy and development efforts.
- Average salary: up to $155,200 per year
- Software engineer
Since several smaller applications and message converters accompany a giant software environment, your mission as a software engineer is to ensure all components are connected to each other efficiently with less incongruity.
- Average salary: up to $118,500 per year
- Data scientist
A data scientist is hired because companies consider data growth and management as one of their crucial goals in business, and an expert is required for this purpose.
- Average salary: up to $135,700 per year
Is software engineering a reliable career?
Yeah, why not? Regardless of the life class you choose to be on it, and software engineering can be an excellent job based on almost any criteria, including social position, annual salary, the pace of promotion, job satisfaction, and the number of job openings.
Thank you for reading. Although many people ask us, “is computer software prepackaged software a good career path,” most of them almost have no idea for the possible final answer, except the readers of the paragraphs above!!!
Why should we consider computer software prepacked software a good career path? Well, just imagine a job career with a high salary, self-satisfaction level, easy promotion process, and additional uncountable positive features. Computer software development jobs are one of those examples you gather all these advantages in one place. Hence, the next time you wake up in the morning with a software programming idea, open your web browser and skim all available related jobs in the global network.