Whether we want it or not, sharing Instagram stories is a popular common among Instagrammers to not only share an enjoyable time with the audience but also draw people’s eyes in getting a noticeable Instagram engagement. Here, the only thing which highlights an issue would be the errors or bugs in turn of this action, which is “Can’t share a post on Instagram story” or “why wont my instagram story upload”.
Many users face these issues. If you see private stories and profiles of some of the Intaragram users, you will notice they have faced the same issues some time. I am going to give you some common reasons that lead to such a problem to keep calm in that case and do not take it as a major issue. It’s not like you missed a deadline for your dissertation or term paper. It’s not an F for an essay on your major subject because you didn’t pay for an essay timely. And it’s definitely not some serious situation. Still, you’d like it to be fixed, wouldn’t you? Continue reading and find the answer to common questions like “why can’t i post on my instagram story”, why cant i repost on my instagram story, or “why can’t i share posts to my instagram story” question.
Why cant I share posts to my instagram story?
When you are here, it means you have problem with Instagram stories, like that you can’t share post to story instagram. But do not worry because here, I want to completely explain why can’t people share my instagram story, and the effective solutions.The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. However, if you are unable to share your own posts, or a public post you find the reasons for the solution as follows. First of all, consider this prominent tip that Instagram app sometimes goes wrong with some specific reasons and try to face this type of bug. Well, it is a tedious problem found with shared posts to the stories.
The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story. Indeed, it is one of the most crucial reasons why you can’t share the post with your own stories. A few possible reasons for the problem with sharing posts to the story are:
The Instagram account owner has not allowed their followers to share the story
This is the MOST COMMON reason why you cannot share a post to your story. The Instagram owner should change the setting from profile> Settings > Privacy & Security > Story Controls > Shared Content. The user should change the setting from this way to make available the possibility of sharing the posts to other users Instagram stories
This is a bug for iPhone users
This bug exists for Apple or iPhone users. If you attempt to log in to your Instagram account with an android device, you will be able to left it behind. There is an Instagram issue, and you will have to share it from an Android device for now.
You have multiple Instagram accounts
For this matter try to check for sharing the posts on the story on the browser of mobile and laptop because somehow this happens for multiple Instagram accounts on behalf of Instagram
You have not updated to the last version of Instagram
For this reason, If there is no latest version in the market, update it from the Google Play Store for Android, the App Store for iPhone, and iPad to put this step behind.
But do not be worry If you really like to share the post, and the person has not activated the feature of sharing content, you could just screenshot a story and crop it, and tag the original account in your Instagram story. Still, you might have to ask for permission to do so.
How to fix can’t share post to story instagram?
Previously, I answered the question “why cant i share posts to my instagram story”, and now you know the possible reasons that cause instagram can’t share post to story. But here in this paragraph, I want to show some tricks that you can use to solve instagram can’t share post to story.
- Restart your device is one of the common ways you can get help to pass some conventional issues, hold the power button of your device to turn it off. Wait for at least 20 seconds before turning your phone back on.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app from your device is the second way you can take advantage of that. But keep in mind that you need to have your password because you’ll need to sign in again. Your profile and posts are going to be safe on Instagram.
- Check your internet connection switch from WIFI to cellular or Vice versa. You can also turn on your airplane mode and then switch back on to reset the issue with your connection. You may want to try this one before uninstalling the app
Why won’t instagram let me post on my story?
Are you asking yourself why can’t i share posts to my instagram story? Here, I have some possible reasons that could cause instagram can’t share post to story.
- First of all, check your internet connection because if it might not be valid or quick enough and be the reason of why can’t i post on my instagram story.
- Sometimes the reason that you can’t share post to story instagram is that your post is something that violates the community guidelines of Instagram.
- Also, if the file you are trying to upload is too large, instagram can’t share post to story.
Now that you know the answer of why won’t instagram let me post on my story, continue reading and find the answer to “why cant i share posts to my instagram story” question.
How do I share a post as a story on Instagram?
Previously, you read about why won’t instagram let me post on my story, now I want to answer another most repeated question about Instagram story and explain how you can share a post as a story on Instagram.
- Go to the Instagram post you like to share and tap the paper plane icon.
- A menu will come up, which you should tap on “Add post to your story.”
- Add text, customized background for the story is going to be shared with followers(optional)
- Tap send to, a list will appear on the top with two choices your story and close friend
- Select each of them you want, and finally tap on the share
How to Share an Instagram Story without the “Add post to my story” Button?
Have you ever asked yourself why can’t i share posts to my instagram story? Or why can’t people share my instagram story? The reason is simple, the story owner might set his story setting in a privacy mode. Do you like to learn how to Share an Instagram Story without the “Add post to my story” Button? Just follow the below instructions:
- Open your Instagram profile and choose the Menu icon on the top right.
- Select Settings and then Privacy.
- Tap on the Story section.
- Now, there are keys which you can toggle them and turn off “Allow Resharing to Stories and Allow Sharing as Messages”.
How to avoid people to share your posts to stories?
Previously you learned about the answer of “why cant i repost on my instagram story” question and why wont my instagram story upload. But it is good to know that you can do the same about your posts and prevent others from sharing your Instagram posts to their stories. Follow the below steps and learn how to avoid people sharing your posts to stories?
- Go to your Instagram page.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner
- Scroll down and tap “Settings.”
- Find “Sharing Preferences,” and choose it
- Now toggle off “Post Photos and Videos to Your Story.
Why can’t people share my instagram story? why can’t i post on my instagram story? why cant i share posts to my instagram story? If these are your questions, read the above text, where I tried to help you find the best solutions to solve the problems of sharing a post on Instagram story. There, I have explained the answer for questions like: why cant i repost on my instagram story? and why wont my instagram story upload?