Man is a curious animal that thrives on communication. We wish to attain information and then impart this knowledge to our fellow beings. Books have always been a passionate interest of the human species. The wave of digitization also affected our libraries, and we arrived in the era of eBooks. The art of self-publishing has made it easier for an author to write and market his/her work. Let’s talk about some essential elements of eBook marketing a beginner must learn.
Why do eBooks matters?
Many qualities of eBooks make them preferable over printed ones. However, printed books are still popular among the current generation. E-books make 20% of the total book sales in the United States. But there’s no denying that the eBook market is still a billions-of-dollar industry.
- You can buy eBooks instantly by downloading them from the internet.
- You can share the content of an eBook easily with anyone on the internet.
- These digital books are convenient to carry around and transport than printed ones.
- They don’t take up much space, and you can create a library on your smartphone.
- You can read them in the dark and change the font size as you please.
- The read-aloud feature helps blind people enjoy and learn from eBooks.
- Authors can update their books, and the cloud technology can incorporate such changes in your version.
Why go for eBook marketing?
Let’s talk about certain beneficial aspects of eBook marketing that you must be aware of:
- EBooks have valuable information your customer can exchange for his/her knowledge. You can write multiple blog posts, but consumers won’t give away their contact information for them. But merge your most popular blog topics into an eBook, and people will download them after giving up their emails.
- eBook marketing provides a subtle advertisement opportunity. Customers can learn about your brand/services without feeling like being directly advertised. Traditionally-produced books take months to complete. But eBooks are easy to create and convenient for your reader to access. You can hire a writer and tell him/her your ideas, which will become an eBook.
- Writing eBooks establish your authority. You get targeted leads since you write, considering the interest of the audience. People give you their contact info, thus growing your email list. Not only that, but eBooks also boost your brand loyalty and credibility. This inexpensive and effective strategy works well as a content promotion tactic.
What you need to learn about eBook marketing?
Here are some procedural aspects of eBook creation and promotion you must be aware of:
- Eye-catching Title: Customer makes purchase decisions after glancing at the eBook’s title. You need a title that is short but specific, to-the-point, but comprehensive. The customer finds value in the title. A wrong title may convince a customer that the eBook’s not worth his/her time.
- Informative table of contents: An eBook demands an organized outlook. Organization comes from adding a table of content. It helps readers skip boring subjects. An eBook that lacks a proper TOC makes reading difficult and time-consuming.
- High-quality content: Writing high-quality content is the most challenging element of eBook production. Your content must be educational and meaningful. Deliver information to your customers in a conversational manner. This way, you can even make math sound fun!
- Backlinks and references: Add backlinks into your books. These backlinks will take the reader back to your landing page, displaying your products. Include references that lead readers to your previous content. As the reader’s already engaged, you’ll get reasonable conversion rates.
- Visual elements: Sheer textual content exhausts the eye. Balance it by adding visual content. It can be graphs, pictures, or diagrams. They help to emphasize the concept you are trying to deliver. Monotonous text can make readers lose their interest.
- Mobile-friendly layout: Remember that your customers use different devices to read eBooks. You need to adjust your eBook’s layout to every device’s specifications. The book needs to be mobile-friendly. Make it available in MOBI, EPUB, and HTML5 as well as in PDF.
- Social proof: Case studies are social evidence of the productivity of investing in your business. Give them case studies that talk about your business interactions with previous customers. If you don’t have any tasks, create a hypothetical example. Be creative, genuine, and honest.
- Sharing options: Some people offer sharing options on the landing page, but not all customers find it comfortable to visit that page and then share your eBook. You should include sharing buttons inside the book, preferably on each page.
- CTAs: Don’t let readers be unaware of what to do with the information they’ve just received. It would be best if you utilized this comprehension into profitable action immediately. Give appropriate calls-to-action to your customers. “Shop,” “sign up,” and “discover” are some simple CTA examples.
- Beautiful cover: Don’t forget to proofread the book once it’s finished and add a beautiful finish. The layout of this cover must be under your brand theme. You must ask a graphic designer to use the same color scheme your business layout follows.
Suggestions for eBook marketing
- Select your eBook topic wisely after thorough research. Don’t write about something you don’t understand properly.
- Don’t forget to add an author page in the eBook to introduce yourself.
- Don’t give too much information in one eBook. You’re writing from a business point of view. Why write one lengthy eBook when you can write and sell three short ones?
- Don’t just rely on case studies as social proof. Try adding some reviews and testimonials. Tell the reader how many times your book has been shared and downloaded.
- Use websites such as Shutterstock to get royalty-free images for your eBook. Use Grammarly to enhance your writing level and to avoid grammatical mistakes.
A 2014 Pew Research revealed that 50% of Americans had a dedicated tablet or e-reader device. That’s why eBook marketing is a productive way to reach potential customers. Many online services can teach you how to create an eBook in a few easy steps. Don’t make your eBook an eye-sore for the reader. Make it as informative and educational as possible. Include visual elements and add sharing options; don’t forget to add links to your websites inside the eBook. Following these simple instructions will ensure a successful eBook marketing campaign for your brand. Just remember to be honest with your topic and truthful to your audience.