Any kid will love to play the Sandbox game Minecraft, as it is fantastic and thoroughly educational. Sometimes, we need to redesign our screen and bring more excitement to our game. You may ask, “How do I change my skin in Minecraft?”
The post you already are reading will show you how to change skins on Minecraft, whether your device is a PC, a console, or a mobile device.
You may like to know “How to find diamonds in Minecraft?“.
Is changing skin Minecraft possible?
Most people are wondering if it is possible to edit Minecraft online. The answer is yes. You are able to change the skin on both Minecraft versions of “Java” and “Bedrock,” and to change your “Minecraft” skin; you will need to upload a compatible PNG image that you have either made or downloaded.
The following sections will show how to edit Minecraft skins online on your console, PC, or phone device very easily.
Change the Minecraft skin on the console
Now, if you or your kid are playing Minecraft on a console, we will show you how to change Minecraft’s skin on it. Follow these steps:
- First, open your Minecraft. Choose the “Minecraft” game from your console’s library. If you bought Minecraft on a disk, you have to insert the disk into your console.
- Now, click on the “Help & Options” button in the middle of the Minecraft main page.
- Next, click on the “Change Skin” tab at top of the page. This action will open the Skin Packs page for you.
- You can scroll up and down to view different packs. Please choose one of them.
- As you choose your desired pack, scroll left or right to find a skin you want to use. Note that some skins are part of premium packs, and they are not free. You can see a padlock icon near them.
- Finally, press A (Xbox) or X (PlayStation) on your joystick. With this action, the selected skin will be set as the default. You will see a green checkmark appear in the bottom-right box. If you have chosen the wrong skin or the premium one, you can press B (Xbox) or O (PlayStation) to exit the pop-up.
How to change the Minecraft skin on PC
If you are using your PC or laptop for playing Minecraft, this guide will show you how to change skins on Minecraft:
- Before anything, go to http://minecraftskins.com/ to open the Skin Index library.
- Now, choose a skin that you want to use for your Minecraft characters. You can also search for a specific skin from the search bar at the top of your page. You can make your custom skin on this page if you are creative.
- Click on the “Download” button on the right side of the skin’s page. As a result, you will have the file immediately on your computer.
- Now, you have to open the Minecraft website. To do this, go to https://minecraft.net/
- Step five: Click on the three horizontal lines “Menu” icon on the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Step six: After that, click on the “Profile” button at the top of the drop-down menu. Before going to the skins page, make sure you have logged into your Minecraft account.
- Step seven: Now, you can browse the skin file with a white button near the bottom of the screen.
- Step eight: Go to your “Downloads” section on your computer, and click on the skin file that you downloaded just a few minutes before.
- Step nine: There is an “Open” button in the window’s bottom-right corner. Your skin file will be uploaded to the profile page.
- Step ten: Finally, click on the “Save” button near the bottom of the page to upload and save your new skin.
What about Minecraft PE?
If you have a mobile device and want to try Minecraft on your phone, you can also change skins on Minecraft. To alter them, just follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your phone, either Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Next, view the Skindex website. Go to http://minecraftskins.com/ in your mobile browser.
- Now, select a skin you want to have on your Minecraft. You should download it.
- To download the skin, click on the “Download” button on the upper-right side of the skin’s page. The skin’s image will be opened in a new browser tab.
- Tap and hold the skin’s image and click on the “Save Image” button to save the skin.
- Now, come back to your phone’s screen and open your Minecraft PE app.
- There is a coat hanger icon on the lower-right side of the screen. Click on it.
- Go to the “Default” section in the top-left corner of the screen, where you can see a blank skin icon on the right side. Please click on it.
- Click on the “Choose New Skin” button at the top of the “Custom” window, which is on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the image of the skin that you downloaded. This action will save your selected skin.
- Tap on one of the skin models in the pop-up window. If you are not sure which one is better, the right-side model is recommended.
- Finally, click on the “Confirm” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. You will see your selected skin will be set as the default.
Thank you for reading this text. Minecraft is so lovely to play; thus, users want to add multiple skins and bring more brightness to the game. You can download your wanted skin on the websites or design a new one if your perfect skin is not available on the internet.
If you have any problem with uploading skins on Minecraft, you can send a request message to Minecraft servers and ask for help.