The good news for all TikTok users is the new feature of this app, called “Watch history”, which was introduced in March 2022 and enables users to find the videos appearing on their “For You” page easier than before. If you do not know much about this feature, how TikTok watch history works, and how to see watch history on TikTok on your chosen device, keep reading until the end of this text.
How does TikTok watch history work?
Before I talk about how to see watch history on TikTok, let’s explain a bit about how TikTok watch history works and helps us. First, it was unbelievable for TikTok users that the app keeps track of their watch history, but recently they introduced a watch history feature, which you can use to find all videos you watched during the last seven days. Also, I should add that it is an optional choice and you can change the setting to enable or disable it according to your preferences.
How to view TikTok watch history on Android?
If you are an Android user and like to benefit from the “TikTok watch history” feature, first you should enable it. So, in this paragraph I want to explain how to see watch history on TikTok on Android devices through some simple steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile.
- Choose the “Profile” option from the bottom right side.
- Then tap on the three bars from your profile page’s top right side and select “Settings and privacy.”
- Go down, find “Watch history” and choose it.
- Select Settings from the top right side.
- Toggle on “Watch history.”
- Finally, choose the “Close” button and you will see all of the videos you have viewed over the past seven days.
How to view TikTok watch history on iPhone?
On the other hand, some people use iPhones and like to know how to see watch history on TikTok. If you are one of them, you can follow the below steps and access the “watch history on TikTok”.
- Open TikTok on your iOS device.
- Choose “Profile” from the bottom right side.
- Choose three bars at the top right side of your profile page.
- Go down and choose “Settings and privacy”.
- Select “Watch history” below “Content & Activity.”
- Click on Settings and toggle on “Watch History”.
- Finally, choose the Close button and access your “tiktok watch history”.
How to view TikTok watch history on PC?
Or you might use your PC to use your TikTok account and now you would like to know how to see watch history on TikTok on your system. But unfortunately, I have to say this excellent feature is not still available for PC users, and the only way you can use it is the old way of downloading your data, which is a bit time-consuming, but might be helpful in some cases. If you do not know how, just follow the below steps:
- Use your PC and log in to your TikTok account.
- Keep your mouse on the profile icon, and choose “Settings.”
- Go down and find “Privacy”, then choose “Download Your Data.”
- Choose the data format you want to receive, and choose the “Request data” button.
- Sometimes, you might receive your data after four, so continuously check the “Download Data” tab to find your data.
How to clear TikTok watch history on Android and iOS?
Now, what will happen if you want to remove your TikTok watch history sooner than seven days? There is nothing to be worried about because you can do it in only some simple steps:
- Log into your account and tap on the three black lines from the top right side of your profile page.
- Choose “Settings and privacy”.
- Select “Watch history” and then choose the “Clear” button at the end of the screen.
Also Read: “download tiktok video without posting“
- TikTok watch history not showing up
If you’re wondering why your Tiktok watch history isn’t showing up, there are a few possible explanations:
- First, make sure that you’re signed in to the correct account. If you’re using the app on multiple devices, each device will have its own separate watch history.
- Next, check to see if there’s a filter applied to your account that’s hiding your watch history. To do this, go to the “Settings” menu and look for the “History” section. If there’s a filter applied, you’ll see an option to “Show all”.
- Finally, it’s possible that your watch history has been cleared by Tiktok itself. This can happen if you’ve been inactive for a while or if you’ve violated the platform’s guidelines in some way. If this is the case, there’s no way to recover your watch history.
If none of these explanations seem to fit, reach out to Tiktok customer support for help. They should be able to troubleshoot the issue and get your watch history back up and running.
- How do I find a video that I commented on?
There are different tricks based on your situation, for example, you can find it among likes or replies from other users in the “All activity” section. And you can even search for it among the list of recently watched TikToks.
In the above text, you read about all the details of the “watch history on TikTok” new feature, how it works, and how you can use it on your device if it’s Android or iOS. If any of your friends still do not know how to see watch history on TikTok, you can suggest this complete guide to him. Also, if you have any questions please comment below.