Facebook is one of the big social media, which sometimes gets confusing for its users because it has too many features, and not all users are aware of the working system.
One of the Facebook’s parts that might become confusing for people is the Facebook profile page, which consists of many components including message, adding a person as a friend, photo albums, about and all other information.
However, this option can be hidden if one prefers to control them, and we are going to talk about this topic here, which might become confusing for other users.
How do you add a friend on Facebook?
Before going through the reasons why can’t i follow someone on facebook, why can’t i friend request someone on facebook, and how to change who can see your friends on facebook, let’s see how do you add a friend on facebook. Follow the below steps and learn how quickly you can send a friend request on Facebook.
If you are using mobile and want to know how do you add a friend on facebook:
- Open Facebook
- Tap the “Search” bar.
- Search for a friend you want to add.
- Tap add friend button
If you are using the Facebook site on desktop and want to know how do you add a friend on facebook:
- Go to Facebook’s website
- Click the “Search” bar.
- Search for a person to add.
- Click Add Friend button.
Why cant I add someone on Facebook?
If you are here, it means you are looking for the answer to “why cant i add someone on facebook”question. Generally speaking, this issue might have a cause from your profile, or from the person you are trying to send the request to. This means sometimes there is nothing that you can do to solve “can t add someone on facebook” problem. However, I will tell you the most important reasons that cause you to ask yourself “why can’t i add someone as a friend on facebook” question.
- When a Facebook user sets his account on “friends of friends” and you don’t have a mutual friend, you won’t be able to send them a request.
- Another common reason that you can t add someone on facebook is that they’ve blocked you.
- The same result will happen if you have blocked that person.
- Also, if somebody has deactivated his account but not deleted it, you can t add someone on facebook.
- If you are wondering why can’t i add someone as a friend on facebook, it might be because the person is restricted from using Facebook for a set period.
- Facebook has a limitation of 5,000 friends, which means if you try to add someone with this number of friends, you will not be successful.
- If you suddenly send a lot of friend requests in a day, it won’t be surprising to see that you can t add someone on facebook because Facebook will limit your ability to add someone for a while.
- If you are asking yourself why can’t i friend request someone on facebook it might be because you have sent a request recently, but the person hasn’t actioned it.
- In the case that you send a friend request and the person declines it, it means you can not send another one.
- It might happen rarely, but sometimes the answer to the “why can’t i add someone as a friend on facebook” question is a ‘Facebug.’
How to Fix can’t add someone on Facebook?
Previously I talked about the answer to the “why can’t i friend request someone on facebook” question. As you have read in some of these cases, there is nothing to do. For example, if someone has blocked you, did not accept your friend request, or set his privacy setting in a way that you can not send him a request. But if the reason for “why can’t i follow someone on facebook” is yourself, you might solve the problem. In most of these cases, if you wait and try again later, you can resolve the problem but if the time does not solve your problem, and it is from Facebook like FacebookBug, you can contact the Facebook support team and ask for help.
Why is there no add friend button on some Facebook profiles?
Are you wondering why can’t i follow someone on facebook? Lots of Facebook users complain about the issue where there is no add friend button on some Facebook profiles, which is a disaster. Imagine wanting to add someone so badly, but you just don’t seem to find the button. Below you can find out why. Meanwhile if you are facing another issue with Facebook like me, head to why is Facebook so slow, to fix any minor Facebook issue you are having.
There are actually four reasons why there is no add friend button on Facebook, which are written below:
- The profile owner might have put their setting of “Who can contact me” as “Friends of friends,” and you both have not any mutual friends.
- The person might have blocked and then unblocked you or just denied your request, which can cause the issue that you see no add friend button on their profile anymore.
- A person has reached 5000 friends limit and now cannot add more.
- You blocked the person before. Blocking a person on Facebook will unfriend them too. You need to unblock them first so you can add them.
How to change who can see your friends on Facebook?
Now, that you know why cant i add someone on facebook, if you want to know how to change who can see your friends on facebook, read this paragraph. To change who can see your Friends section:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on Friends below your cover photo.
- Go to the top of the page and choose Edit Privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, choose one category, such as Friends, Public, Only me.
All in all
Facebook, as the first global social media, has too many features that are sometimes confusing for users, and knowing a person’s profile, is one of this issue. if you have seen some of the users’ profiles that look strange and weird, and you have no option to add or follow the person, but you see the profile picture, make sure you are not blocked; It means they have changed their profile setting.