After a long time since it was first announced that Facebook is planning to let Instagram users advertise easier for their businesses, Instagram will now let businesses run ads on Instagram without connecting to a Facebook ad account.
Starting today, you will no longer have to go through the hard ad time-consuming process of connecting your Instagram to Facebook to be able to create Instagram ads. That is a huge change which makes thing much easier for business owners and marketers.
As officially announced by Facebook today on their latest help center blog post, You can now create Instagram ads without having a presence on Facebook. If you are promoting a post from your Instagram business account for the first time, you won’t have to connect to a Facebook ad account or Facebook Page.
At this time, you can’t connect your Instagram account to a Facebook ad account. You’ll be able to manage your ad campaign and track ad performance on Instagram. You won’t need to manage your Instagram ads on Facebook Ads Manager.
Note: Even If you don’t connect your Facebook ad account to your Instagram account, you can still create and use a Facebook ad account. Your Facebook ad account will remain separate from your Instagram account. You’ll be able to view and manage all Facebook ad campaigns on your Facebook ad account. Meanwhile, you can view and manage all your Instagram campaigns on your Instagram account.
Who can exactly create Instagram ads without connecting to Facebook?
The ability to create Instagram ads without a Facebook ad account connection is limited to businesses that are promoting their Instagram posts for the first time. If you’ve already promoted posts on Instagram, you’ve likely already linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts. You won’t experience any changes when promoting your Instagram posts or stories.
How to promote an Instagram post without a Facebook ad account connection?
From now on, easily create ads on Instagram and promote posts without a Facebook connection. To manage the promotions and view analytics and check insights, all you have to do is to head to the Instagram app and, from there, easily keep track of your promotions.
Follow the steps below to promote an Instagram post without a Facebook ad account:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the post you’d like to promote.
- Below the post’s image, tap Promote.
- Fill in the details of your promotion by setting things like Destination (where to send people), Audience (who you want to reach), Budget (how much you want to spend daily), and Duration (how long you want your promotion to run). Tap Next once you’ve completed these details.
- To complete your promotion, tap Create Promotion under Review.
- Once you’ve tapped Create Promotion, your promotion will be reviewed to ensure it meets ad policies. Promotions are generally reviewed in 60 minutes, but in some instances, the review process may take longer. Your promotion will begin running after it’s been reviewed and approved.